Resources Available In the Archdiocese
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Clinics[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Criminal Justice Ministry[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Family Assistance & Counseling[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Home Health Care[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Nursing Homes[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Hospitals[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Pregnancy Assistance[/eltdf_highlight]
- [eltdf_highlight background_color=”” color=”Blue”]Mental Health Care[/eltdf_highlight]
For 75 years, Catholic Charities has been helping those most in need in San Antonio and the surrounding areas. As the official social service arm of the Catholic Church, we serve over 55,000 people a year – the hungry, the homeless, the desperate, and those needing help facing life’s daily challenges. With over 25 programs, we serve people of all faiths and all walks of life, from those not yet born to those at the end of life’s journey. Called to live out the gospel mandate to “love thy neighbor,” with a presence in more than 19 counties, we serve those in need without regard to race, creed, or nationality.
Within the past few years Catholic Charities has expanded its services to the community by bringing other organizations under its umbrella, including Senior Community Services in 1999, Catholic Counseling & Consultation Center and Guadalupe Home in 2001, San Antonio Birth Doulas in 2005, and Guadalupe Community Center in 2006.
Sutherland Springs Tragedy
Sutherland Springs Resources
- Statement by Archbishop Gustavo
- Declaración del Arzobispo Gustavo
- Statement by Cardinal DiNardo
- Statement by the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops
- Telegram from Pope Francis
- Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Archbishop Gustavo extends Pope Francis’ condolences
More ways to help
- Donate money to https://www.gofundme.com/SSFBC FBC Sutherland Springs Shooting
- The South Texas Blood and Tissue Centeris also calling for O-positive or O-negative blood donors to donate at any of their seven Texas locations. https://southtexasblood.org/sutherland
- Donate money to the San Antonio Medical Center and University Hospital in San Antonio, Texas, which are hospitals where many injured victims were transported and are currently being treated.
Hurricane Harvey Relief
Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
Click on the links below to read the Archdiocese’s response to the victims of Hurricane Harvey and the hurricane relief efforts.
Catholic Brides and Newlyweds
Discover the beauty in the truly sacred. A Catholic lifestyle blog for Brides & Newlyweds.
Have you fallen in love? This community is for you. But it’s not just any love we’re talking about. The Spoken Bride is a romantic–alight with anticipation for her wedding day, but she knows the foremost romance in life is a divine one. It shapes her entire identity: she knows she is worthy, beautiful, dignified, simply because she is. She is a fiancée, best friend, sister, bride, and helpmate to heaven. Beauty pierces her heart and draws her into the sacred. She wants not only her wedding, but her marriage to reflect this in every way: through awe-inspiring liturgy, decor, and photographs, each infused, above all, with the radiant beauty only made manifest in sincere holiness. No matter her past, she has a love for all that is pure. She desires nothing more or less than to make a complete gift of herself. She chases fearlessly after virtue, knowing excellence is the path to true freedom, and freedom is for love. Deeply, profoundly, she is in love.
We’re here to spark something. To showcase wedding inspiration that fixes our eyes on the beauty of the Creator. To offer a resource for finding vendors who not only have a wealth of talent for their craft, but who are on fire for the sacrament of marriage. To help you plan for the biggest day of your life, yes, but also for a lifetime; a marriage free, faithful, total, and fruitful in every sense. To be a witness, galvanizing the culture with the goodness, truth, and beauty of Catholic marriage. We’re here for you, in community and sisterhood, and we are ultimately here to walk alongside you in living out authentic love between man and wife. The kind of love that makes people stop and take notice. The kind that’s set apart because it transcends this world.
Dignity Women’s Center
Phone: (210) 593-4DWC (4392)
Dignity Women’s Center is now open in San Antonio, TX.
Call our office to schedule your appointment today.